Hello everyone! its been a while since i posted on my site and every time i visited it (yes i do visit my site daily, and NO I’m not weird, its my baby, i love it) it felt empty and was in a dire need of some new content. And so i decided to take time out of my busy schedule and do something that i love, i.e raving about stuff.
Todays rave will be dedicated to Becca’s Afterglow highlighter palette, which came out way back and each time i was on Sephora i added it to my cart but each time it was removed because i convinced myself that i did not need any more highlighters. However life is too short to not buy something that you love and when i saw Glam it up selling it i thought to myself that this is the universe calling me to buy it, and so that is exactly what i did.
The palette comes with five gorgeous shades. Its such a treat to look at, and very satisfying at the same time because this is all you’re ever going to need especially if you like having variety and you travel on a single luggage and you have the tendency to over pack (check, check and check to all those for me!)
The five shades in the palette are:
- Moonstone: which is your conventional champagne color, however i feel its quite paler compared to other champagne highlighters i own. It has a very light look and feel to it. Its not as pigmented as the balm one but its very good if you want a subtle shine.
- Rose Gold is a soft, light-medium copper with warm undertones and a frosted, golden shimmer-sheen finish.
- Topaz is a medium, bronzy brown with warm, yellow undertones and a strong, golden sheen.It looks amazing on darker skin tones. i swatched it on my sister and i LOVED how it looked on her. It doesn’t look as good on me with one swipe, however if i were to pack it on my cheekbones then I’m sure it’ll give similar results
- Wild Honey is a soft, medium brown with warm undertones and a satin finish.
- Flowerchild is a pop of light-medium pink with warm undertones and fine, golden shimmer. I love the fact that its such wearable highlight and by that i mean ‘at the office’ wearable.
Overall i love how the palette gives you a variety of different shades, and just for $39 you get so much value for money. No one ever hits pan on highlighters i feel. At least i haven’t so far so i feel the size of the five shades is pretty decent.
Also i love the rose gold packaging, i feel its such a beauty blogger thing to say but i just couldn’t stop myself from putting it out there, haha:)
Here are the swatches:
I bought the palette through Glam it up, i was very happy with the service and the girl who sold it to me was so sweet and helpful! Check out her page 🙂