Hello everyone! Keeping up the top 5 tradition, here are my top 5 luxury lipsticks. I am a major lipstick hoarder just like your average beauty blogger, and i recently I’ve been hoarding some expensive lipsticks, which is never a good thing for my bank balance!
Most of these lipsticks are a recent acquisition, and you might see pattern here, they are either red or a browny nude, lets get started;
- YSL Rouge Volupte Shine Lipsticks: Now i have collected a fair few of these, especially from this line, which has a nice glossy finish which fades into a gorgeous lip tint-esque sheen, which looks beautiful and doubles the perks of the lipstick. My favorite shades are Rouge in Rock which is a warm red color and looks ravishing on, if i say so myself, also I’m all hot for Coral Incandescent which is a nice warm peachy coral, which again is perfect for everyone!
- Charlotte Tilbury Matte and Kissing lipsticks: now i know these are two different finishes but i kid you not both are worth the splurge, i wouldn’t rave about them so much if i dint think they were worth the money, because quite frankly if a lipstick is over $20 I’m automatically in the stance “i’m broke i can’t buy that” but these lipsticks definitely live up to the hype. I really love stoned rose which is a gorgeous sort of a pinky nude, and Birkin brown which is the most gorgeous brick browny red, its more brown than red in person i feel, in pictures it comes off as a red, however it is pretty brown in person.
- Kat Von D studded lipstick in Love Craft: i got this is a sample from Sephora, and I’m hooked, I’m contemplating ordering a few other ones from this line because i love the application and the color payoff, especially this color which is a nice browny nude. Also they are matte, which i know is the choice of finish for many people i out there!
- Tom Ford Cherry Lush: i CANNOT rave about this enough! although i wouldn’t talk you into buying one if you’re in a strict budget because this lipstick is way over the $20 mark, and quite frankly is quite expensive even for the quality, not gonna lie its one of those products which is amazing but annoyingly expensive but you’re just going to buy because you love it so much, Tom Ford definitely has the capitalist mindset captured in his back pocket. Cherry lush is a gorgeous red which i believe is quite a timeless red shade and i feel is perfect for a fancy night out!
- Estee Lauder pure envy sculpting lipsticks: quite a mouthful, these are! I love the application and the finish of these lipsticks, they are not glossy not matte but a perfect in between, plus the colors are super pigmented. Now i got a set of these which i believe is limited addition at Nordstrom and i feel that the colors might be limited addition too, which is a pain. The pouch comes with 4 lip shades and mind you the lipsticks are sample sizes, so get this only if you are feeling brave! here is the link if you wish to check them out 🙂 . My favorite one is intense nude which is a nice nude color (surprise!), envious which is a nice orange red, and Tumultuous Pink which is a nice hot pink color (the one I’m wearing in the picture)
Ive talked in more detail about these in my top 5 luxury lipstick video, you could check it out if you want 🙂